Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why We STP!

I've realized its been a couple of days... or weeks? since my last update. And seeing that the rest of my stay here in the Dells is half over (crazy I know), I thought I best get crackin' on some updates for my eight faithful followers. Good thing I have you my friends to keep me faithful on declaring God's faithfulness to us Navigators here in WI.

I thought I would use this post to share all about the fun and exciting times and the many adventures I have experience this summer thus far. I believe we can all agree that pictures seem to convey more accurately events than words and are a lot more fun to look at than reading a post. So let the fun begin!

With two of my team members  - Anne and Julie - at the top of our climb over looking Devil's Lake


Climbing "False Perspective"

A picture of Allysha and myself with our mentor Sherry Graf
A group of us Navigators attended a series of gospel skits at a church in the near-by-town of  Baraboo, with two Chinese girls who recently accepted Christ as their Savior!
"Witches Gulch"

David was able to come visit me for a day down in the Dells so I dragged him along on a boat tour. At the end of the day he admitted he actually enjoyed the "Gulches" and rock formations along the river. If you ever get a chance to come to WI you MUST go on a tour of the Upper Dells.


Two weeks ago I took the girls to Culver's for ice-cream and bible study. But let me tell you, it was one of the most encouraging bible study discussions I have ever been apart of! Not because of the words I had to offer but because the Holy Spirit was definitely moving in the hearts and minds of the girls present. A few weeks previous, we met two christian girls from Jamaica - Antoinette and Trudy - and a girl named Beatrice from Romania who had been praying for Christian's to fellowship with during her stay in the States. It was so amazing to see that we were the answers to her prayers. We all left bible study amazed at the power of God's scriptures and overwhelmed that His Truth has spread forth so clearly to nations across the world! God continues to show me and my team just how active and alive His Word truly is in every day situations.
Last Monday, four of us Navigators living at Spring Hill went back over to Lake Delton Motel where we made some connections with international students a few weeks prior for one of our evangelism days. It was so neat to see that they remembered us and were so welcoming and eager to hang out again. That night, we invited them to watch fire works in the park for the 4th of July and surprisingly we had to take two large cars to fit everyone in. Afterwards, my team and our brother team treated them to ice-cream which led to some awesome conversations about our mission and why the Navigators our here in the Dells for the summer. The next day, a few of my girls and the guys took them to Madison for a day of sight seeing and friendship building. By the time everyone returned, the Turks excitingly asked if we would be willing to take them to church! Praise the Lord! Please pray that we could continue to building relationships with them and for opportunities to share the gospel with them clearly and our lives with them in LOVE.
After spending 7 weeks here in the Dells, it was such a blessing to have my parents and sister visit for a couple of days.
There is so much more I wish I could tell you all about! Especially the mighty workings of God's hand in the city of Wisconsin Dells and just how His power and Word has been going forth in our own lives and in the lives of the locals and internationals here this summer. Please keep us in your prayers. I cannot wait to share what else the Lord has in store for us!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I miss you soo much! It sure looks like you are having fun! You will remember this for the rest of your life! Love you!

    ReplyDelete